Posted 13 years ago by Marco La Tona
Version: 11.1.0110
Hi,

do you have implement the "Code Fragments" feature in the silverlight version? I use it in the Windows Forms version and I need this feature now in the silverlight version.

Regards
Marco

Comments (9)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Marco,

I'm sorry but code fragments haven't been implemented in the Silverlight SyntaxEditor just yet. It is on our TODO list and we'll let you know when they are added.

What particular scenario do you need this feature for right now?

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

thank you for answer. The code fragment feature is verry important for us.
Our customer can create own c# code. This code is inside a function. The header and footer from the function is not visible in the textbox. At runtime we compile this code and the customer can use this functions.

Can you give me a nearly date, when this feature is implemented?

Regards
Marco
Hi Marco,

If you are using our .NET Languages Add-on then you don't really need header/footer as we have options on our grammar where you can set it to just parse a statement list for instance.

Take a look at the ".NET Languages Add-on - C# Language / Parsing and Parse Data" documentation topic's last section where it talks about the root non-terminal. That may be good enough for you right now since automated IntelliPrompt isn't yet implemented anyhow.

I don't have a target date at this time for the code fragments. It is on our TODO list and we can let you know when it gets implemented, but would likely be sometime after the .NET Languages Add-on is completed with automated IntelliPrompt since that is our top priority right now.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I will try it. I hope the code fragment feature is ready until May or June.

Regards
Marco
Hi,

do you have a target time, when the CodeFragments feature is available. It is very important for us.

Regards
Marco
Hi Marco,

We are currently working on remaining .NET Languages Add-on features before we can pull the "beta" flag off it. After some more work on that, we'll be jumping back onto core SyntaxEditor features. Code fragments is one of the higher priority items on the TODO list, but we don't have a target date and there might be some other feature areas addressed first. We are working as fast as we can on all this.

If code fragments is something you absolutely require immediately you can always hire us at an hourly rate to implement it. In that scenario, we'd make it our top new-development priority and it would become part of the product codebase so we'd maintain it going forward. You can email us if you would like to pursue that option.

Actipro Software Support

Hi, thank you for answer.

Code fragments is very important for us and we need this feature until end of july.
Is it possible to become this feature until end of july?

Regards,
Marco
Hi Marco,

I'm not sure that we could make July with our current priorities and slated workload.

Per our previous post though, if you absolutely need this soon then the consulting option is always available. If you hire us to develop it, we'll make it our top new-development priority so that it's done for you in the near term. Feel free to email our support address if you would like to discuss this option further.

Actipro Software Support

Just FYI, as described in this blog post, we've implemented new code fragment editing features for the upcoming 2011.2 version of SyntaxEditor for WPF/Silverlight.
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/08/18/SyntaxEditor-Code-Fragments.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.