QuickInfoProvider

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
Version: 11.1.0542
Hi,

I have a custom QuickInfoProvider that implements QuickInfoProviderBase based upon your example project and the mechanism to display an IQuickInfoSession works as expected. An open sessions content is set to an Actipro property grid. Because the information displayed in the property grid can vary the user should be allowed to move the mouse over the property grid to scroll its contents. However, this only works as expected when the popup property grid is displayed above the current word as it is when the word is near the end of the document, please view the two screenshots below to see what I am talking about.

My question is, is there some way I can allow the popup property grid to remain on screen until the user moves the mouse cursor off the property grid?

A popup located BELOW the current word; Moving the mouse over the popup will cause the popup to disappear.

A popup located ABOVE the current word; Moving the mouse over the popup will allow the user to scroll the contents of the popup, it does not disappear until the mouse is moved off the popup.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mick,

For things like this it's hard to tell what's going on unless we have something we can debug. Can you put together a new simple sample project that shows the issue, and email it to us? Please reference this post in the email, don't include any .exe files in the ZIP, and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
Sorry for the late response. We had a design change and as such this issue is not an issue for me now.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.