DockingWindow MinHeight

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Christopher Skeels
Hi,
I'm trying to enforce a minimum height and width on docking windows in my application. Here's a stripped down version of what I have.

<docking:DockSite>
            <docking:Workspace>
                <docking:StandardMdiHost>
                    <docking:DocumentWindow MinWidth="100" MinHeight="100" Title="Test window">
                        <TextBlock>hey</TextBlock>
                    </docking:DocumentWindow>
                </docking:StandardMdiHost>
            </docking:Workspace>
        </docking:DockSite>      
All this does however, is shrink the window from the top and bottom when the window is less than the MinHeight I specified. Also, this allows the window to completely disappear (including the title bar) if I resize it small enough. How can I get the docking windows to keep from getting smaller than the height I specify?

Let me know if I need to add anything else to this. Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately, we don't currently support setting MinWidth or MinHeight. While these properties could be used when hosting documents in a standard MDI, they cannot be used in a tabbed MDI (as it produces unwanted effects) or while floating.

I've added this forum post to the TODO item we have marked down for this feature and will notify you when it's completed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Stephen Tapper
Thank you for your reply. We are currently using the standard MDI host, and I believe that our DocumentWindow's are not floating. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by floating, but they are constrained within the StandardMdiHost although they can be moved around without docking to something. Please let me know if it is the still the case that MinHeight and MinWidth won't work for what we are doing. Thanks.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Stephen,

The MinHeight/MinWidth are not currently supported, even in the StandardMdiHost.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.