ColdFusion Support Please!!!!

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 23 years ago by -- - ELgin, IL.
The subject says it all!

- Support for the tag attributes pane in the source view.
- Omitting the "#" in color settings between all <CF...></CF...> tags.
- On/Off/Only option for the display of everything between the <CFMail></CFMail> in the web view.

These three things would be a great help! More?

Don't get me wrong: I Love SW! It's much better than more expensive programs. I feel guilty asking though because it's already so great.

Comments (6)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We'll look into adding better support for Cold Fusion in the future. The reason we currently have more simplistic support for it is that we figured you'd be using an Allaire product if you were developing Cold Fusion pages, however maybe this isn't always the case.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by CFDeveloper
I concur.

(Lord help you if Allaire sees how much your product looks like HomeSite)

I don't want to spend $500 for an editor that gives full support for ASP, XML, and CF. If you can provide CF support, I just might buy a copy of this editor.
We've tried to differentiate our interface and features as much as possible from Homesite, although it's not really fair to say we're a Homesite clone just because at a glance, Spider Writer looks similar. In fact, there are a large number of editors that have the same drag and drop toolbar and sidebar user interface. With the sheer number of applications using that interface, no one company can hold rights to its design.

Back to the Cold Fusion support... what exactly are you looking for featurewise? We don't have a lot of support built in currently since most people who want to build CF apps use Allaire's products.

Actipro Software Support

Well, for example, your product has that "tag insight" feature for HTML and ASP. Having the same thing for CFML in .cfm files. Also, like you have those little wizards for ASP,....having the same for CFML would be great.

Also, one more question,....are the toolbars up top customizable?...I mean can I create my own buttons?

Thanks.
Can you point us to a good CFML reference on the web?

The toolbars are all customizable however you can't make user-defined buttons. You can add, move, or remove any command to any menu or toolbar though.

If you're looking to store custom code, use the Code Snippets sidebar.

Actipro Software Support

Here....

These idiots left their cfdocs directory available <A HREF="http://data.georgetown.edu/cfdocs/CFML_Language_Reference/contents.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://data.georgetown.edu/cfdocs/CFML_Language_Reference/contents.htm</A>
The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.