Posted 23 years ago by CFDeveloper
I'd like to see a wizard that helps me build a connection to the database and send the SQL I need to send to the database. (kinda like the CFQUERY wizard in HomeSite)

Comments (3)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We don't have a copy of Homesite around, so could you elaborate on your idea? Do you want to design a SQL statement (like maybe an UPDATE statement) in the Query Builder and then create the code to execute it on the server?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by CFDeveloper
Basically....

...have it (the wizard) generate the code to create the database connection and grab the recordset. For example, the user would just have to provide (if they use a DSN) the datasource name and SQL statement.
Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
It does actually do that already. In the Query Builder, there's an option in the toolbar to output ASP VBScript. This outputs the query in a recordset and displays an HTML table.

However, after trying this, I just discovered a small bug. When it inserts the SQL statement into the recordset Open() method, it does so without double quotes around it. By adding double quotes around the SQL statement, everything should work ok. This will be fixed for the next release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.