Clipboard in XBAP

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Rick Fleuren
Version: 11.1.0542
It seems that when the SyntaxEditor is in a XBAP application, the SyntaxEditor uses its own stack as clipboard.

Meaning, that when I try to paste stuff in the editor (Lets say: "Text from outside"), it does nothing. But when I have copied some text which was already present in the SyntaxEditor (Lets say: "Text inside the editor"), and paste that into the editor, this goes well and it will paste the text correctly ("Text inside the editor").

But when I copy my original text back onto the clipboard ("Text from outside"), and paste it again in the SyntaxEditor, the text it copied previously from the editor gets pasted again ("Text inside the editor").

However when I paste it into a normal TextBox, I do get the correct results ("Text from outside").

How can we de-activate the SyntaxEditors own stack it keeps, and make the SyntaxEditor use the clipboard in a XBAP environment?

PS In a normal application, the SyntaxEditor show no issues with clipboard.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rick,

We check for security access to the clipboard and try that first. If it is available, we use it. My guess is that in your app, clipboard access isn't available and thus we fall back to our internal clipboard.

Full trust XBAPs should allow clipboard access. The native TextBox probably gets around this since it's internal to WPF and can most likely circumvent some of the security checks, which we are not able to do.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Rick Fleuren
That is too bad.. ah well!

Thanks for your fast reply!

[Modified at 04/19/2011 08:04 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.