ZoomConentControl not updating CenterPoint

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Luke G.
Version: 11.1.0542
Hi,

I have the following scenario in my MVVM WPF application. I have a user control which uses the ActiPro ZoomContentControl to show images. In my main window I have the possiblity the dynamically add my user control to an uniform grid to show multiple images at the same time.
Now I'm synchronizing the scrolling and the zoom level between these controls, so I bound the properties ZoomLevel and CenterPoint to my central ViewModel. This works just fine when zooming directly in the ZoomContentControl.
But I'd also like to zoom all childs controls from my main window, so I used the ZoomContentControlSlider. This also works fine, but with one problem. When the ZoomLevel is set in the ViewModel the controls get the change properly due my TwoWay binding and changes the zoom level, but the CenterPoint is not changed at all even if you can see in the UI that the scrolling has changed. Zooming in the ZoomContentControl itself via the control key and the mouse wheel lets the CenterPoint update just fine.

Now my questions are if this problem is already know and if there is a simple workaround. If whished I could try to reproduce it in a sample project and file a bug.

Thanks for help

Kind regards

Luke G.

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Luke,

If you are simply updating the ZoomLevel property, then the CenterPoint should not change. We do offer ZoomInToPoint and ZoomOutFromPoint methods on the ZoomContentControl, which are used by the mouse wheel input bindings by default. These methods update both the ZoomLevel and the CenterPoint, based on the current mouse position.

If that doesn't help please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Luke G.
Hi,

thanks for your reply. Yeah you're right, the center point does not change. But I'd like that the initial center point of the image is written to my view model via the binding, which is not the case.
Currently I have to manually calculate the center point to get it.

Kind regards

Luke G.
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Luke,

Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue could be. If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.