How to keep the Docking Tool Window Title visible

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Adriel
Version: 11.1.0541
Hi,

I have a docking tool window withing a tool window container.

i have given titles for the tool window and when I scroll down through the dialog box I want the titles to be visible.

Is there any property of the docking tool window to do that?

Thanks,
Adriel

Comments (5)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Adriel,

I'm sorry I don't understand the question. What dialog box are you referring to?

And please elaborate on "I want the titles to be visible". What are the titles you are referring to?

Actipro Software Support

Hi

I have a DockPanel in which I have added a DockSite. In the DockSite I have a SplitContainer and within that I have a ToolWindowContainer and then a ToolWindow. For the Docking:ToolWindow there is a property called Title which appears at the top of the ToolWindow. I have added ScrollBars for the SplitContainer so when I scroll down, the headers/titles of the ToolWindow are not visible. I have pasted my code below for your reference.

<docking:DockSite>
<ScrollViewer HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Auto" VerticalScrollBarVisibility="Auto">
<docking:SplitContainer>
<docking:ToolWindowContainer docking:DockSite.ControlSize="250,600">
<docking:ToolWindow x:Name="OriginalDocument" Title="Original Document">
</docking:ToolWindow>
</docking:ToolWindowContainer>
</docking:SplitContainer>
</ScrollViewer>
</docking:DockSite>

Thanks,
Adriel
Hi Adriel,

If you have everything in a ScrollViewer, then you cannot ensure that the title bars of the ToolWindows are always visible.

Wrapping everything in a ScrollViewer is not something we'd recommend. The ToolWindows and such are not meant to be scrolled and you may run into issues when dragging and dropping them. Normally, just the content of the various DocumentWindows and ToolWindows allow scrolling, but not the content of the entire DockSite.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

What if I have a Stack Panel within the Tool Window. I want to scroll the data within the Stack Panel and still have the titles visible. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Adriel
Hi Adriel,

You can certainly use ScrollViewers inside the DocumentWindows and ToolWindows, as I mention above. Something like:
<docking:ToolWindow ...>
    <ScrollViewer>
        <!-- ... your content goes here ... -->
    </ScrollViewer>
</docking:ToolWindow>

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.