XML Serialisation

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0543
My application allows the user to create a set of toolwindows and position as required by the user. The toolwindows are set so that depending on the size of the application window, they automatically adjust to fill the space (they are always docked to each other - therefore no sizes are set for the size of the toolwindows - they just automatically re-size). I am now attempting to serialize and being back the toolwindows as they were and this looks fine. However,

I am trying to minimize the length of the XML string created as I am storing this in meta data within a proprietary file store where I am looking to reduce string space.

Now, I have noticed when I display the XML string that it has size properties within this, such as DockedSize; AutoHideSize; DocumentSize; FloatingSize. Is it possible to not have these size properties generated in the XML when I serialise. Presuming that if they are not there, then the windows will automatically be sized to the dockite based on the current application screen size. Also, is there any way to save percentages so that the windows are based on for example 20% of docksite height and 30% length.

Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

Sorry, but without these sizes in the XML file, they would not get properly restored during deserialization. Also, we don't currently have support for percentage based sizes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.