Is code snippet supported?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Peter Luo - AIMNEXT
Version: 11.1.0543
Hi,

The SyntaxEditor (for WinForm) supported the code snippet, what about the wpf version?

If not, will it be supported? Or can you give me some suggestion on how to do it by myself in the SyntaxEditor (for WPF)? Because we must release our application in future 3 month.

Thanks a lot!

Comments (7)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Peter,

We don't yet have that for the WPF version but it is on the TODO list. Right now we're still working on finishing up the core automated IntelliPrompt features for the .NET Languages Add-on. Then we'll get into other remaining missing feature areas like this. But I can't yet say if it would be done in the next three months or not.

To do it yourself, you could harness the completion list to show the various available code snippets. Once one was selected and activated, you'd probably want to build a new language service implements some of the input-related event sink interfaces, like the ones that allow you to handle keyboard input. You could use that to trap keys like Tab to move between the field ranges. You could use a classification tagger to mark ranges of text where the various fields are, and then have an associated style for that classification type to color the backgrounds of those ranges.

If this is something you'd rather have us do immediately, you can email us to discuss consulting services where you pay us at an hourly rate to implement it. If you choose to do that, we'll make it one of our top new-development priorities to get it done for you and it will be part of the product going forward so we maintain it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology

Hi,
Does this feature exist in the current build?  I found mentions in the documentation, but I couldn't find an example in the sample application.

thanks, Jake 

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jake,

We have started looking into the code snippets but they are not in the product as of yet.  Now would be the time for you to submit any feature request ideas for them.  Or if you were a WinForms SyntaxEditor customer before and had used them, what improvements woudl you like to see over that implementation?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology

Hi,
I like how they work in win forms.  If you use that as a template, I think you will have a great feature.

thanks,
Jake 

Posted 12 years ago by Kasper

I completely agree with Jake. I really liked how they worked in the WinForms version, and I'm looking very much forward to being able to use them in the WPF version - hopefully soon :)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We have most of the functionality done for them other than the Insert Snippet popup.  You will be able to insert them from the completion list (ctrl+space) or typing a code snippet shortcut and pressing Tab.

We might go with that for the first 2012.1 version in the interests of getting it out sooner than later.  Watch our blog for details.

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Please see our latest blog post for details on code snippets, coming in 2012.1.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.