Posted 14 years ago by Martin - Blaise - Statistics Netherlands
Version: 9.2.0514
In the last months i have seen a lot of progress on the WPF syntaxeditor. Maybe you can estimate when codesnippet support is available?

Cheers

Martin

Comments (7)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

Yes we are definitely pushing hard to get through feature areas but also innovate as we do so and make the best possible product.

The next major area we will be getting into is a grammar/AST model since that will enable us to start porting over the language add-ons that we have in WinForms. Those items will likely take a while to complete, meaning that some lower priority features like code snippets will unfortunately be pushed out.

If code snippets are something you absolutely need, we can always be contracted to implement them for you. This has worked out well for customers in the past who have had a need for features that weren't slated to be worked on for a while. When we take on a consulting project, we make it the top new development priority. If you are interested in that, check out more information here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Martin - Blaise - Statistics Netherlands
It seems the SyntaxEditor is growing and getting mature. Some nice features are added, but one still missing..... right the Snippets. i expected them to be in this last release, but to no avail. Can you give us an estimate for the embedding of the Snippets?

Cheers

Martin
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

We are working hard to continuously add features to SyntaxEditor for WPF. The first 2010.2 focused on adding the LL(*) Parser Framework and the Web Languages Add-on, both of which were very large undertakings. In the latest maintenance release we added, smart-indent and text formatting capabilities. New Getting Started series samples are ready to go for both those features in the next maintenance release.

Our next big TODO item is to start porting the .NET Languages Add-on since that is the most requested feature by customers.

Code snippets is on our TODO list but there are a few feature areas above it that will likely get done first. So at this time I can't really give an estimate.

If code snippets is an essential feature for you, we can always be contracted to implement it. When customers contract us to develop features, we make them our top new development priority. More details on that here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
Hi,

We are working on implementing code snippets into our application so we are essentially rolling our own for the time being. Everything looks to be moving along nicely except for one issue. We only want to insert a code snippet when the user tabs off a code snippet item in our intellisense list, any other type of selection and intellisense should act as expected. We are implementing a session commiting event and that is working fine but the missing piece is determining if the tab key was used for selection, any ideas?

Thanks
Mick
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mick,

For my reply, I'm assuming you are using the built-in completion list for your UI. If not, please give more info on your setup.

I believe with dedicated code snippet completion lists, you would want to use the normal rules to match whether a selection was made. So the user could type in a couple chars and hit Enter, etc. and that should work too. Thus you should just watch for the session commit and go off that, not for Tab specifically. But regardless, we don't track the reason why the session was committed so I don't believe you could check for Tab at this time unless you watched a KeyDown or PreviewKeyDown event and set some flag if you saw Tab coming.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Mick George - Senior Software Engineer, CNC Software, LLC
Its the little things :)

Hooking into the views syntaxeditor PreviewKeyDown event worked out perfectly, thanks.
Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello, we wanted to let you know that code snippets are coming in the 2012.1 version. Please see this blog post for details.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.