Backgradoung color for tooltips issue

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 13 years ago by ivanaivana
Version: 4.0.0288
Hello,

can you please help me?
I've noted difference between last and previous version of SyntaxEditor. Difference is related to background color of tool tip.
Reproduction steps:
1. Enter only start of a query "Insert";
2. Close query on "+";
3. Place mouse pointer on collapsed region and wait few seconds for tool tip to be shown;
4. Background color for tool tip is now black and it was white before;

This makes our tool tip very hard to read. Can you please tell me how to update this behavior?

Also - Is there any way to update color for snippets in SyntaxEditor?

Thanks in advanced,
Ivana.

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The quick info tip currently (and has for all past versions in recent years) used SystemColors.InfoText as the default ForeColor and SystemColors.Info as the default BackColor. The only thing that should affect it is your system color settings.

If you are having a hard time reading collapsed text quick info tips with your current system colors, you can turn the editor.IntelliPrompt.QuickInfo.CollapsedOutliningNodeSyntaxHighlightingEnabled property to false.

Code snippets will look for highlighting styles with key "CodeSnippetFieldStyle" and "CodeSnippetDependentFieldStyle". If you make custom versions of those styles it should update how the fields render.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by ivanaivana
This fixed my issue with tool tip background color. Thank you.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.