floating window option

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Mary Fontana - Rudolph Technologies
Is there an option to minimize a floating window - either toolwindow or documentwindow?

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Mary,

Sorry, no we don't currently support the minimize button. I've added this forum post to the TODO item for that feature request, so you will be notified when it is added.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Gregor Valentin

Hallo,

I try to enable for my TabbedMDI, that the Rafting-Windows can go in the Background.

Outgoing from here http://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/20674/are-rafting-windows-always-on-top#102443, with setting the window.Owner to null and a little restyling I have a little more what I want to achieve, expect:

1) The Styled Minimize-Button has no function.

I tried:

Command="{x:Static docking:WindowCommands.Minimize}"
CommandTarget="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}"

and also

Command="{x:Static SystemCommands.MinimizeWindowCommand}"
CommandTarget="{Binding RelativeSource={RelativeSource TemplatedParent}}"

both with

Focusable="True" IsEnabled="True"

But no success. The Minimize-Button is there, but Command cannot be executed. Snoop says CommandTarget is ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Primitives.RaftedDocumentWindowContainer[Title=@Demo, UniqueId=2394fc05-73d9-44b4-90c6-94e7cb855c95]

2) If I minimize a rafting window (with the restored Original Window) it goes away. How can I restore or access a minimized rafting window? Do I have to add them to the Taskbar manually somehow? Is there a way to get them with the Options- Tab-Menu?

3) I lose the “Minimize the MainWindow and all Rafting-Windows are minimized too” Feature, the same with Restore. Is there a way to enable it?

Thanks in advance!

Gregor Valentin

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Gregor,

For questions like this, we really need a bit more context.  Please make a new simple sample project that shows the issues and email that to our support address.  Besure to reference this thread in your email and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can debug with that and see the problems more clearly.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.