Linked Docksites

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0544
I am wondering if the current actipro functionality for linked docksites will allow me to do the following:

I have 2 docksites (A & B), each one in it's own toolwindow.

Within each of the toolwindows I have multiple child toolwindows.

What I would like to do is to drag a toolwindow from docksite A and position anywhere in DockSite B (so that I can position anywhere in B).

However, I do not want to actually move the toolwindow from A, just activate an event which then allows me to create the toolwindow in B at the place I have positioned the toolwindow.

Is this possible with the current functionality (thinking I would require an event to be triggered and ability to cancel the actual toolwindow move).

Thanks,
Bret

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

Sorry, that's not currently supported. You may be able to use the WindowUnregistered event on the source DockSite and "recreate" the window and re-register it there to give the effect that the ToolWindow wasn't moved.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Bret Naughton
Thanks, if I wanted to have this type of functionality added to the product by yourselves, could you let me know the estimate in terms of delivery time and costs, and the procedure for requesting this work.

Thanks,
Bret
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

You can submit consulting requests at the link below. Once we receive the request, we can talk it over and determine if it's something we'd want to build into the product or not (as we have never had a similar request).

http://www.actiprosoftware.com/purchase/consultingservices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.