Deserializing Auto Hide Windows

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.1.0544
Hi,

I am currently using the lazy loading functionality to recreate my toolwindows and this works correctly. However, I have now switched on the auto-hide functionality in my toolwindows to give the user the option of auto-hiding.

My question is, does the lazy loading technique allow toolwindows that were saved in the auto-hide position (and therefore serialized a part of the target docksite) to be deserialized in the same auto-hide position.

At the moment, when I recreate a toolwindow that was saved in the 'auto-hide' position it is just created in the docksite as a normal open toolwindow, not as an 'auto-hide' window.

Thanks,
Bret

Comments (1)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

There is an option that indicates whether tool windows can be "restored" to the auto-hide state. So you'd need to set DockSite.CanToolWindowsRestoreToAutoHideState to true.

Otherwise, you would need to check the State (or maybe LastState) property of the ToolWindow and then open it using the AutoHide method, instead of Open/Activate.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.