Numbering Items in RecentDocumentManager

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Sebastian Limke
Version: 11.1.0542
Hi,

im using the RecentDocumentMenu in a RibbonBackStageTab.
                    <ribbon:BackstageTab x:Name="RecentDocumentsBackStageTab"  Header="Recent Documents">
                        <Border Style="{StaticResource ContentBoxBorderStyle}">
                            <ribbon:RecentDocumentMenu VariantSize="Large" x:Name="recentDocumentMenu"/>
                        </Border>
                    </ribbon:BackstageTab>
In the code behind i generate the RecentDocumentManager and the RecentDocument objects and everything works pretty good.

In your RecentDocument Sample Project u got the first 9 RecentDocument numbered from 1 to 9. How do I do that? :)

Greetings
SLimke

Comments (3)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Sebastian,

The RecentDocumentMenu when used in a Backstage shouldn't be numbering items so our styles for it don't do so. We only do so when it is in the non-Backstage application menu, which matches what Office does.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Sebastian Limke
Thx for answer!!

Another question:
Is it possible to refresh the created recentdocuments after they are created?
I create my recentdocuments in a dispatcher because the generation of the recentdocument.description value takes a lot of time (need to get values out of several DB-tables).

the created recentdocuments have got the correct description values but they arent beeing shown in the GUI because the RecentDocument objects are created and added to the documentsmanager BEFORE the value of the description is generated.

i hope you understand my problem ;)
Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Sebastian,

If you update the Description of the DocumentReference, then it should update the UI. The default styles use bindings to detect changes.

If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.