DocumentWindow.Activate hangs

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 13 years ago by Duncan Campbell
Version: 11.1.0544
Platform: .NET 4.0
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)

Unfortunately, I appear to be the only one in my team who experiences this problem!

Previously we were using version 9.0....
I was using Windows 7 (32-bit) with .NET 3.5 on a Lenovo T400S without any problem
After I upgraded to Windows 7 SP1 calls to DocumentWindow.Activate would hang when running our application from Visual Studio 2008!
(This only happened for me and nobody else.)

Now we're on version 11.1.0544
I'm using Windows 7 (32-bit) with .NET 4.0 on a Lenovo T400S (no Windows 7 SP 1)
Now DocumentWindow.Activate is hanging when running our application from Visual Studio 2010!

Again, this does not happen for anyone else in my team, but they're using different machines and mixtures of Windows XP and Windows 7 SP1 (all 32-bit).

Comments (2)

Posted 13 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Duncan,

Sorry, but we wouldn't be able to really help unless we had a sample application that reliably reproduces the issue you describe. If you can put together a small sample project and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Aside from that, you may try running a performance profiler or breaking in your debugger on your application to try to pinpoint the problem area. You may also try upgrading your video card driver, as WPF is known to have issues with older drivers.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior in our Sample Browser or only in your application?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 13 years ago by Duncan Campbell
Your Sample Browser works without problem, it's only in our application.

I've been trying to reduce the application down to only the core parts to reproduce the problem, but I'm having difficulty...

I suspect that there might be problems interoperating with Telerik WPF controls... but I'm still looking.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.