Layout all messed up when using animated panel

Views for Silverlight Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Robert Croshere
Version: 11.1.0113
Hi,

I'm having problems with the views product under Silverlight: when using my custom panel or any of the other standard panels in the views, when one of the items added to the panel is a complex element, containing many subelements, the layout of that item is totally messed up, with everything all mashed together in a small space. At first I assumed that there was a problem in my code, but after searching and tracing everything I couldn't find any problems with my own custom controls. After making the panel less comlpex (i.e. removing some of the controls), it started working again occasionally, but not always. Then I tried recplacing the animated panel with a standard StackPanel and everything worked as it should, all the time, regardless of the complexity. It seems to me to be related to some timing issue that occurs on long layout (measure/arrange) cycles, perhaps related to the animation. I have the exact same code in WPF and that works without any problems. So my best guess is that theres some issue in the Silverlight version of the views product that is causing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
Robert Croshere

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Robert,

We haven't had any reports of issues and it would be difficult to diagnose without a sample we can debug. If you can please put together a small sample project that reproduces your issue and email it over then we can take a closer look. Be sure to remove any executables or change the extension of the zip file to ensure it gets past our email filters.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Robert Croshere
I'm having problems reproducing this in a test project. In the meanwhile, I changed the base class of my custom panel to a BCL panel and a added FluidMoveBehavior to it and the problem no longer occurs. for now, that's ok for me, but I will try to reproduce this when I have some more time.

Regards,
Robert
The latest build of this product (v18.1 build 0233) was released 4 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.