Force Tool Windows not to minimize

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by jakup
Hi all,

Can a floating tool window be treated as a normal window. What I want is to have my floating windows not minimize when I minimize the main window. I want the user to be able to minimize each floating window one at a time. I want to still use the tool window as it has magnetism which I also need.

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hello,

By default all rafting windows will have their Owner set to the window that hosts the associated DockSite. This causes Windows/WPF to minimize the rafting windows when their owner is minimized. To override this behavior you'd have to create a custom class that derives from DockSite and override the CreateRaftingWindow method. After calling the base implementation, the associated window is returned. You could then set the Owner property to null.

To add a minimize button to the titlebar, you'd need to restyle the ToolWindowContainer and RaftingWindow types and add the button to the ControlTemplate. You could take our default Styles and use that as a basis.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by jakup
Thanks that works well!

[Modified at 12/01/2011 06:10 PM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.