ColorEditBox Deadlock

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I just installed the 2011.2 build. I dropped a ColorEditBox on one of my views and ran the program. When the view is displayed, my program locks up. I put the current call stack below. I tried it in WPF Studio 2011.1 and didn't have the same issue. Please let me know if you would like additional information.

thanks,
Jake

mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.SynchronizationContext.SetWaitNotificationRequired() + 0x35 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherSynchronizationContext.DispatcherSynchronizationContext(System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher dispatcher) + 0x1b bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl() + 0x3e bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(object state) + 0x38 bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(object userData) + 0x51 bytes
[Native to Managed Transition]
[Managed to Native Transition]
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x67 bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x45 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke() + 0x63 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue() + 0x127 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(System.IntPtr hwnd, int msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, ref bool handled) + 0x63 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(System.IntPtr hwnd, int msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam, ref bool handled) + 0xbe bytes
WindowsBase.dll!MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(object o) + 0x7a bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate callback, object args, bool isSingleParameter) + 0x8a bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(object source, System.Delegate callback, object args, bool isSingleParameter, System.Delegate catchHandler) + 0x4a bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(System.Delegate callback, object args, bool isSingleParameter, System.Delegate catchHandler) + 0x44 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.TimeSpan timeout, System.Delegate method, object args, bool isSingleParameter) + 0x91 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority priority, System.Delegate method, object arg) + 0x40 bytes
WindowsBase.dll!MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(System.IntPtr hwnd, int msg, System.IntPtr wParam, System.IntPtr lParam) + 0xdc bytes
System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(int dwComponentID, int reason, int pvLoopData) + 0x24e bytes
System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(int reason, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) + 0x177 bytes
System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(int reason, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext context) + 0x61 bytes
System.Windows.Forms.dll!System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(System.Windows.Forms.Form mainForm) + 0x31 bytes
> MAAD.AircraftExit.GUI.exe!MAAD.AircraftExit.GUI.Program.Main(string[] args) Line 28 + 0x1d bytes C#
mscorlib.dll!System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(string assemblyFile, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, string[] args) + 0x3a bytes
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll!Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly() + 0x2b bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(object state) + 0x66 bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x6f bytes
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() + 0x44 bytes

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

Yeah, that is a known issue and we have a fix for the next maintenance release. Some code we had that was waiting for the System.Windows.Application.Current property to be set was looping forever. I've updated this code to prevent the infinite loop.

Regardless though, without System.Windows.Application.Current being set, our theme manager would be unable to dynamically change the current theme. If this isn't something you use, then it would not be a concern. If it is, then you would need to artifically create a dummy WPF application like so:
private static void CreateWpfApplication() {
    if (System.Windows.Application.Current == null)
        new System.Windows.Application();
}
You can then call this early on in your Program's Main method. This can also be used as a workaround for the infinite loop until the maintenance release it out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
That did the trick, thanks for the quick response!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.