How to get Office 2010 Black theme colors like in Outlook

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Tony Juricic
I need help and direction to implement the color scheme (background and buttons) as seen in the attached capture of the part of Outlook application.

Capture of Outlook pane

I have set theme of my main window like:

themes:ThemeManager.Theme="Office2010Black"

but tool windows and docked panes do not have the same dark gray gradient background, neither are the navigation buttons in the same style as in Outlook.

Thanks,
Tony

[Modified at 12/19/2011 03:23 PM]

[Modified at 12/19/2011 03:24 PM]

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tony,

Which version are you using? We did some very major updates in the themes are in 2011.2, and completely revamped how Docking/MDI looks:
http://blog.actiprosoftware.com/post/2011/11/08/Themes-for-WPF-Part-3-DockingMDI-Visual-Updates.aspx

Also please note that using the Theme attached property as you are is not recommended, as it's just for testing. You should set ThemeManager.CurrentTheme in your app startup instead. The documentation talks about this a bit.

I just looked at our 2011.2 Outlook demo in the Navigation section and it looks very close to the real Outlook when both have their black theme set.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Tony Juricic
Indeed! I was running 2011.1 build 0545. Thanks!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.