Sort the execution of the regions!

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Samir Shnino
Hi!

I have used an AudoHideLeftToolWindow in one of my tabs in My WPF(Mvvm) project in the following manner.

<mvvm:MainView>
<mvvm:MainView.Style>
<................................>
</mvvm:MainView.Style>

<mvvm:MainView.Resources>
<.................................>
<mvvm:MainView.Resources>

<docking:DockSite>
<docking:DockSite.AutoHideLeftContainers >
<docking:ToolWindowContainer >
<docking:ToolWindow CanClose="False" Style="{StaticResource DockingItemStyle}" x:Name="TreeViewToolWindow">
<local:AvtalsTreeView/>
</docking:ToolWindow>
</docking:ToolWindowContainer>
</docking:DockSite.AutoHideLeftContainers>

<docking:Workspace>
<grid>
<Here is the main region there I have a lot of controls, comboboxes,
datagrids, treeviews and so on>

<grid>

<docking:DockSite>

</Mvvm:MainView>

Everything looks fine and works in its own, but the problem is:
The <local> tag is refer to a User Control, this User Control contains a tree view. When I run the app, it runs the left tool box region and call the User Control before it runs the main region so I get data in the main region but not in the left region because the left region should take an ID-key from the main region to showing the tree view.

In summary,
I need help sorting the execution of regions, so the main region runs before the left-region runs, so it'll get the ID-key from the main region.

Thanks...

<b>

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Samir,

Please keep in mind that we only support our products and this is a more general Prism related question, which should be directed to Microsoft or a third-party Q&A site (such as StackOverflow).

But generally the region/view loading order should not matter, as they should be bound together using view-models.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.