Have .sw tag only upload with html code if wanted.

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 20 years ago by dcutter1
Is it possible to set some type of option to make the product only update the code with the .sw include data if wanted when FTPing it to a site. Right now I have both html includes and the .sw includes in my code. My present provider doesn't have support for .ssl but some day I might change and it would be nice to be able to have the code included in the edit sessions but not upload if the provider supports .ssl. This way you wouldn't need a server on your machine and still have the benifit of seeing a completed page evertime you went into edit.

I would like to say how much your product has made it easy to keep my site updated. I was taking way to much time trying to keep my pages updated becuase of the lack of .ssl support on my present site (70+ pages and counting).

My site is <A HREF="http://www.themarketbuzz.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.themarketbuzz.com</A> and I have put your image at the bottom of my page so other code writers with this problem will know about this product.

Keep up the good work;
Dennis B. Cutter
Cutter Systems Group International, Inc.

Comments (3)

Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks Dennis... unfortunately we can't auto-include SSL or other include files in design mode. That's one limitation that we can't control either since the design mode uses a control written by Microsoft.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 20 years ago by dcutter1
You misunderstode what I was talking about. At the time that the page is being created for upload it would be a nice option if you could stop the merge of the sw tag if you also had SSI statements to take there place on the web site. In effect the sw tag would only be used so you could see how the page would look in the editor. This way you would not need a webserver on your machine. You would have sw and ssi pairs of statements, one for the editor display while in web view mode and the ssi for the web site once loaded up.

I noticed I said SSL when I meant SSI statements which could have confussed things.

Still love your software, what a difference it has made for me.
Posted 20 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
When you use the Publish Wizard I believe that the SW include data is merged into the uploaded material. If you just use the FTP Client I don't think it will include the SW data.

Actipro Software Support