How to capture on OnEditEnding event or something similar?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Jacob Camp
Basically, the issue that i'm running into is that I need to know when the user is done editing a property field. We need the user to be able to edit the field and then immediately be able to exit the application and have the entered value be saved to the database. Currently the changes are only saved when a user alters a value and selects another field as that's when the PropertyChanged event is called.

Is there some event that i'm missing or do I have to somehow implement my own?

--Jake

Comments (3)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jacob,

What constitutes the user being finished editing a property? For example, in the case of a property that uses a TextBox I could type "I'm not don". How would you know if there is going to be an "e" at the end? Is there a special key, such as Enter that the user would press to commit the change?

Keep in mind that our PropertyGrid leverages other WPF controls for the actual data entry, such as the native WPF ComboBox and TextBox.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Jacob Camp
When the user terminates the application; so if you typed "I'm not don" in the field and closed the application that would be saved to the database.
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jacob,

You would probably have to move focus away from the control with focus, such as to the Window. This would force any bindings to push their value back from the active control, such as a ComboBox.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.