Problem when blocking text in the Document Source view

Spider Writer Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 23 years ago by -- - Westland, MI, USA
Under windows 2000 when i am in the Documnet Source view and i try to block text to cut or paste it, the program trys to move the letter the cursor is over instead of blocking. Has anyone else has this problem?

Comments (6)

Posted 23 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
This problem is a known issue and has happened to a number of Win2K users. It has been resolved in the upcoming 5.0 version of Spider Writer. 5.0 is going to be released to currently registered users of Spider Writer probably within a week or so and will be made available to the general public right after the start of the new year. Keep your eyes open for it.

One suggestion (until you can get 5.0) is to click where you want to start your selection, then hold shift and click where you want to end your selection.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by TheIrishman - rice,wa,usa
I've never had a problem Highlighting but with the new download when I highlight code and then right click "to copy/cut" it removes the highlighted text and I have to use the file menu or I mean the edit menu on top...

Is this problem a part of the known issue?
also using win2000

----------------------------------
TheIrishman

Web Site:
http://onlinewebpublishing.com

Is your problem happening in SW4 or the SW5 beta? Also, is it in Document Source or Design view?

I just checked in Win98 and didn't have a problem in Document Source. I'll look at Win2K later on to see if it only happens on that platform.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by TheIrishman - rice,wa,usa
sorry --
I have the SW5.0 beta "latest Ver"
working in the Doc Source view

----------------------------------
TheIrishman

Web Site:
http://onlinewebpublishing.com

I just ran Document Source in Windows 2000 and tried right clicking on a selection. It didn't disappear as you described.

However, I may know what the problem is. When you have a selection, you must right click on top of it. Otherwise the caret will move to wherever you clicked. Try that out... I bet that's what the problem is.

------------------
Spider Writer Support

Actipro Software Support

Posted 23 years ago by (Anonymous)
I am on Windows NT 4 and using Spider Writer 5.0. I am in "Document Source" view.

I hightlight a block of text.
I right-click on top of the block of text.
Spider writer removes the blocking, as if it wasn't highlighted.

A way I use to get around this is to hit ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste.
The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.