Is this possible?

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Bret Naughton
Version: 11.2.0551
Hi,

I am trying to programatically create a property grid using VB, and I would like to find out if the following is possible and if there are some examples or some guidance you may have on this.

* The property grid is going to be very dynamic and I am wanting it to change in real time (due to options that the user may be selecting in my parent application). Therefore items will be added/deleted from the data grid in real-time.

* Also depending on my internal application logic, the valuetype may be a radio button/checkbox /listbar. Again this will change in front of the user for the item depending on other application logic.

* I am also looking to add the items to their own categories - again based on different real-time appliation selections, the items may well be moved under different categories.

* And I am looking for the property grid to have 3 columns. The first column being the description; the second either a check box or radio button; and the third a listbar.

Again, just wondering if this is within the capabilities of the property grid and if there is anyway you can point me in the right direction. It does seem very daunting as this is my first time looking at property grids (wondering if using a datagrid would be a better idea?)

Visually, this is how I would want the property grid to look.

Category A
Item 1 ! RadioButton ! ListBar
Item 2 ! RadioButton ! ListBar
Item 3 ! RadioButton ! ListBar
Item 4 ! RadioButton ! ListBar
Category B
Item 1 ! CheckButton ! ListBar
Item 2 ! CheckButton ! ListBar
Item 3 ! CheckButton ! ListBar
Item 4 ! CheckButton ! ListBar

Regards,
Bret

[Modified at 01/26/2012 07:59 AM]

[Modified at 01/26/2012 08:01 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Bret,

I'm not exactly sure what mean by a ListBar. You could certain add/remove properties as needed, as well as categorize them as you see fit. But what you describe should more suited to a ListView/DataGrid than the PropertyGrid.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by Bret Naughton
Thanks, I have been able to work out how to programatically set this up now.

Bret

[Modified at 01/30/2012 03:28 AM]
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.