Serialization using the Prim Functionality

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Hi,

In my previous question (Serialization in Docking Application) its working well but that is working for the simple docking application not for the application with built in functionality of prism.

How to do serialization in docking application with funcationality of prism .

For Example: I have four user controls and these are registered with corresponding four regions and As i run the application these usercontrols are loaded as the tool window.
If i change the position of these registerd toolwindows(UserControls) and close the application and again run that application, the position of the tool windows(UserControls) should changed .

Can i get the Positions of the docking windows in the main application using the xml saved after closing the docking application ?

Comments (1)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Keshav,

When using Prism/MVVM, it's generally better to use the lazy loading feature of our DockSite layout serializer. You would also need to set the Name property on your ToolWindows and DocumentWindows, which would generally be bound to the associated view model. Then when you restore a previous layout, the DockSite will save the position information for windows that were not found. Later, if and when you do create/register the window with the same name (through MVVM) the DockSite will restore the position.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.