Question re: older lexer & parser with ANTLR add-on

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 11.2.0552
We're using the latest version of the ANTLR add-on (from 2011.2), which seems to be dependent on ANTLR 3.4. However, the Lexer and Parser we use comes from an earlier ANTLR version (I believe 3.1).

Is it safe to use your plugin with a lexer and parser that was generated by an earlier version of ANTLR?

Thanks,

-Craig

Comments (4)

Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

No, I believe for 2011.2 we had to do a number of updates due to breaking changes in the third-party ANTLR's C# runtime v3.4. So our ANTLR add-on in 2011.2 will only work with the latest ANTLR run-time.

Actipro Software Support

Would it be possible to use an old version of the ANTLR add-on with the current version of WPF Studio? We want to find a way to use the latest WPF Studio but we're not prepared to re-generate our grammar right now, as ANTLR's latest changes screw things up for us.
Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Unfortunately not since you can't cross-mix WPF Studio assembly versions.

Since your company has been a long time customer and has an active subscription, send us an e-mail and we'll send you the source for the 2011.1 version of the ANTLR add-on assembly. You can recompile it on your own to work with 2011.2.

Actipro Software Support

I appreciate the offer but it looks like we're going to just do the ANTLR upgrade after all. If we need to change our approach, however, I'll definitely take you up on this.

Thanks,

-Craig
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.