The latest build of this product (v5.2.0) was released 23 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 21 years ago by Archos
Hi,

Every time a file is deleted that was in a project in SW, it says the file cannot be found for that project when accessing that project and when loading up SW.

Running the synchronization wizard doesn't find the file missing in the first half of the wizard but it finds all the files that are not in project in that particular directory structure in the second half of the wizard.

All my projects have been created from an existing directory structure.

This is only annoying as it keeps prompting for me whether I want to run the synch wizard or not, every time. I've resorted to creating dummy files just so it doesn't bu me.

Please help.

Many thanks.

Comments (4)

Posted 21 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
If you delete a file that is in the project, you should delete it from the project as well so that the popup doesn't happen. That behavior is by design.

Actipro Software Support

Hmmm, if I delete a file from the directory (say using explorer), then it doesn't show up in the project anymore, so I can't delete it from there but every time it still tells me those files are not found and asks me if I want to run the synch wizard. On completion of the wizard it then brings up the same box again saying those files are not found, do I want to run the synch wizard...
Posted 21 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I mean that you should delete it from the project before you delete it on your system. Then you won't have any problems.

[ 07-20-2003: Message edited by: Actipro Software Support ]

Actipro Software Support

Ah, yes, that makes sense. Sometimes it picks up the ~swtemp file tough, but I think I can remedy that now.

Thanks for the help.