Error when adding reference in Visual Studio 2005

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Avalon - TX
When I attempt to add a reference to your control in Visual Studio 2005 I get the following error.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
There was an error loading types from assembly 'E:\Program Files\Actipro Software\SyntaxEditor\v2.5.0159\ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.dll'

'Could not load file or assembly 'ActiproSoftware.Shared, Version=1.0.70.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

For more information, click the help button.
OK Help

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Visual Studio 2005 is so unstable at the moment that we're not doing much testing yet. However Beta 2 is due out very soon now and as soon as we are able to get that, we will be testing all our controls and making any necessary changes so that they work in 2005.

Actipro Software Support

Actually the Febuary CTP is extremely stable. I am pretty positive that it is nearly as good and feature rich (except for maybe Team System Foundation) as whatever Beta 2 is going to be. I have been using it since it was released and it has only crashed once on me, and most of my projects are pretty midly complex with up to 200+ files spread across multiple cross referenced proejcts.

However, when you do get around to testing it and get the component running in VS 2k5 please do let me know as this is extremely crucial to my application.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The release today has been tested with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 and should work with it.

Actipro Software Support

Glad to hear. I will see if I can find some time this week to test it out.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.