Posted 19 years ago by Michael Per
As I understand the license file gets embedded into the assembly that uses the component. But what happens if this assembly is a DLL? In my deployment scenario I only deploy a little stub exe to clients. When the EXE starts up it loads the rest of the project by using [Assembly].LoadFrom(EntryAssemblyURL) call, instantiates the startup form with Activator.CreateInstance(formType, args) and runs the app as that: Application.Run(myForm).

Looks like the licensing chokes in this scenario. Or am I doing something wrong?

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The license information should be compiled into any assembly that has a proper licenses.licx file entry in the assembly's project. Make sure the version number in the licenses.licx entry matches the version of the SyntaxEditor assembly.

When the component goes to look for licensing information, it looks in the assembly that called it. So you should make sure it's in the DLL assembly's project. We have other customers who have multiple assemblies where DLLs call our products.

If you need more help, send us an email and we can sort things out.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Michael Per
Forget it, I jumped the gun here. The license file was empty for some reason. It all works now. Thanks.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.