New page being displayed when navigating between other pages

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Rich Urwin
I've got v3 of the wizard and have added a new wizard page to a wizard created with v2. Bizarrely the contents of this new page (controls, etc) briefly get displayed when changing between other wizard pages UNTIL the new page is shown properly, whereupon this no longer happens.

Also, when I draw a group box on an new wizard page, i can see the grid the inside the group box but this doesn't happen when I draw a group box on an old wizard page. I wonder if this is related and to do with the stacking order?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rich

Comments (4)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Rich,

For the first item, am I correct in that you are running a wizard at run-time and if you add a new page while on another, the page seems to be visible even though it is blocked from view by the selected page? Then when you change to a new page, you can briefly see the one you added? It sounds like we just need to set the Visible property to false when adding a page if I'm understanding it correctly.

Is the second item an issue?

Actipro Software Support

Aha - that's it. The new page had it's visible property set to true by default. Thanks!

The second issue isn't a problem, just wondered why it was inconsistent...

cheers,
rich
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I'll mark the first item down as a bug. In the meantime just set it to false before adding the page.

For the second item, we changed the inner core framework of Wizard from 2.0 to 3.0. In 3.0 everything uses our WinUICore presentation layer framework which is based on UIControls. In 2.0, I believe each page was a UserControl. UIControls render differently than UserControls and we did some tweaking to the designers for 3.0 that may have caused the change.

Actipro Software Support

cool - thx!
Rich
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.