Security Question

Wizard for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Glen Wolinsky
First, let me say that I really like your wizard control. I just completed a project using this control but I have one issue.

We strongly-name all of our apps. Our strong-name key is given all rights on the systems so that the apps should be able to do anything needed to run. This app (vb.net 2003) is run from a shared location on the server as several of our other apps do. When a user runs this new app with your wizard, they get a "Request for permission of type System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib..." error.

Tinkering around with some suggestions I found in the groups, I set the user's .Net 1.1 Config Intranet Zone access to FULL. It was set to one setting below full. The application then ran fine. It should have run with the access the strongname key gave it. The only thing different in this app versus others we've released is the wizard control.

Have you ever seen this type of problem before? Any help you could provide would be grealy appreciated.

Sincerely,
Glen Wolinsky
Miller & Martin PLLC

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Glen,

We also strongly name our assemblies so that they can be placed in the GAC. I haven't heard any reports of this sort of error from other customers.

If you'd like to write us an email maybe we can try and figure out what's the issue together.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.