How to auto-hide tool window between two other tool windows.

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by George Saliba
I have a layout consisting of two vertical tool windows, one on either side of my application. The space in the middle is where I put my tabs using tabbed MDI. I also have a tool window docked at the bottom of this tab area, in between the other two tool windows (the equivalent of dragging it to the down arrow right below the little tabbed icon in the tool window docking UI that shows up when you start dragging a tool window).

This is all working great. However, when I tell the tool window located in the lower-middle portion of the screen to auto-hide it changes it's width to be that of the whole form and then collapses, rather than just collapsing into a tab that resides between the two vertical tool wndows (as I would expect, given it's dock position between the two verticals and not below the two verticals spanning the whole form).

Which brings me to my question: Is there a good way to force the tool window in the middle to only auto-hide to a tab that resides between the vertical tabs when it is docked between them?

Thanks,

George

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi George,

Actually we mimic the VS.NET behavior exactly so that is intended. There are four auto-hide containers and each one runs along the outer edge of the host container control. So even though the middle tool window in your situation doesn't fill the width of the host when docked, as soon as it goes to auto-hide mode, it is supposed to fill the width since that's where the auto-hide container is. This allows multiple "groups" of tool windows to be in one auto-hide container, no matter where they came from in the dock layout. Make sense?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by George Saliba
Ahh, sounds reasonable.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

-George
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.