The latest build of this product (v2.0.0208) was released 19 years ago, which was before this thread was created.
Posted 19 years ago by Domenico
Hi,
I donwloaded the trial version of UIStudio (vers. 1.5) and did some tries specifically for those events fired when a window/toolwindows gets active (or focused), since the functionality of the my application depends very much on tracking which child control is currently active.

I read also another post here, date October/November 2004. In that post the Support suggestion was to wait for the next version of UIStudio (which I believe is one I'm trying) where the WindowFocused event was supposed to solve the issue.

Even using the test application provided, it seem the the WindowFocused events works properly for docked ToolWindows, while it's fired only once for a floating window (on activation). Same behaviour for OnLeave/OnEnter events if using UserControls.

1) Is there any other event or methodology to know when ToolWind, either docked or floating, is activated?
2) Also, any event that tells me when a ToolWindow is deactivated?

3) Another question: some competion products give the possibility of maximazing a toolwindow within it's "zone", by pressing a "maximize button" (in addition to the already present Close an Option buttons).
Maximazing a toolwindow automatically hides the others TW within the same zone; a restore button appears on the maximized one, in order to restore the TW to its original position.
I believe this is a very useful feature because gives the user the possibilty of quicly enlarging a TW without having to undock it.
Do you plan to implement such a feature?

We like your product but those focusing question (no, 1 and 2) are very crucial to us, thus we would very much appreciate a quick and opefully positive answer....which, for istance, would automatically mean we buy your product :-)

Thanks,
Domenico

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Domenico,

Let me answer your questions...

1) The TabbedMdiWindow.OnEnter method is what causes the TabbedMdiWindowFocused event to fire. The Control.Enter event is supposed to fire whenever focus enters the Control (in this case TabbedMdiWindow) so our event depends on Microsoft's Control.Enter event firing correctly. So this doesn't work for you correctly?

2) We don't have anything for losing focus although we're open to suggestions for that. We could possibly write down to add a TabbedMdiWindowUnfocused event if you'd like.

3) We do have the max/minimize feature written down on the TODO list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Domenico
Hi, thank you for the prompt reply!

1) Nop....it works only for the docked TabbedMdiWindows, within the same window. The events doesn't fire I click on floating windows (I'm using your test appl). As a result, if all the TabbedMdiWindows are floating no one FocusedWindow is fired! I'm running .Net Framework on XP.
Any suggestion?

2) TabbedMdiWindowUnfocused would help!

3) Fine: any extimation (time) ?

Regards,
Domenico
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
1) Microsoft must have made it so Enter doesn't fire if the focus on a specific form doesn't change. As in, if the control has focus on the form, another form is activated, and then the original form is reactivated, the Enter event doesn't fire on the control. So we will probably have to do some extra logic to work around this issue.

2) I'll add it to the TODO list.

3) Not sure... currently we're working on menus/toolbars for UIStudio. After that we can work on more docking features.

Actipro Software Support