Posted 18 years ago by Kasper
Hi,

I'm currently evaluating the SyntaxEditor control, and it looks really great! Now, I do have a couple of questions:

1. I would like to create a TagEndTrigger, a trigger that fires once a tag is ended with a >. I've tried something like this:

<KeyPressTrigger Key="TagEndTrigger" Character="&gt;">
      <KeyPressTriggerValidStates>
        <KeyPressTriggerValidState State="StartTagState" />
      </KeyPressTriggerValidStates>
    </KeyPressTrigger>  
But it doesn't seem to work. I've tried adding the DefaultState as well, but still no luck. However, if I use another character, instead of >, it does seem to work. Am I doing something wrong here?

2. I can see that version 4.0 is being developed, and it sounds really interesting. Do you have ANY idea when it will be released? I am of course asking because I would hate to order version 3.x, just to see the new version being released shortly. Besides that, it sounds like you will be making improvements in the parsing area. I would like to implement some code to parse PHP code for variables, functions, classes etc. for Intellisense. Should I wait and see what version 4.0 brings in this area, or will stuff like this be the same as with 3.x?

Kind regards,

Kasper

Comments (5)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Kasper,

1) I pasted that exactly into the HTML sample and it seemed to fire for me. Maybe add the two tag attribute states as well.

2) Not yet, although we have a lot of new features implemented, memory usage decreased, etc., making a framework for the advanced parsing features and actually implementing a C# language with complete intellisense is taking a while. We don't want to release the product until we are satisfied with the results. We are making progress every day on it though.

As for PHP, we won't be (at least initially) making any special advanced parsing enhancements for it. So you are probably ok working with 3.1 on that. Once 4.0 comes out, you can start to take advantage of our new parsing features however they will still require you to define your own PHP grammar to track information about the language. Of course there will be a bunch of non-parsing-related features added to 4.0 as well.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

>1) I pasted that exactly into the HTML sample and it seemed to fire for me. Maybe add the two tag attribute states as well.

Damn, right after I read your post, I tried again, and it worked :|. I really don't know why though, since I didn't change anything since the last time I worked with it. Weird! :)

>2) Not yet, although we have a lot of new features implemented, memory usage decreased, etc., making a framework for the advanced parsing features and actually implementing a C# language with complete intellisense is taking a while.

It sounds really cool, and of course I'm not expecting a precise release date or anything like that, but perhaps you can tell us all if we're talking about 2 months or 10 months? I'm sure there's a lot of people eagerly waiting for version 4. I know I'm very excited to see what you can come up with :). But should I wait ordering until version 4 is released? I'm not in a rush, at least not for now, but I am running a very small company, so I can't afford to use more money than absolutely necessary :)

>We don't want to release the product until we are satisfied with the results. We are making progress every day on it though.

Cool :)

>As for PHP, we won't be (at least initially) making any special advanced parsing enhancements for it. So you are probably ok working with 3.1 on that. Once 4.0 comes out, you can start to take advantage of our new parsing features however they will still require you to define your own PHP grammar to track information about the language. Of course there will be a bunch of non-parsing-related features added to 4.0 as well.

I can't wait to hear more about :)
We're hoping to have a public beta 4.0 in the next 2-3 months as a ROUGH estimate. Hopefully sooner but as I said, advanced parsing implementation takes a lot longer than you would think for a particular language.

Actipro Software Support

Okay, thank you for that :)

Another question: I would like to use the Trigger event to see which highlighter is currently being used. Editor.Document.Language.Key works fine, but it doesn't seem to work with sublanguages. If I'm using the HTML highlighter, and I'm currently in a <style> block, I would like to know that the CSS highlighter is currently being used. Where can I get this value?
Actually take a look at our sample app. In that you can see in the stausbar that we display the language that the caret is over. Check out the SelectionChanged event handler for that code.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.