Custom Link controls on Toolbars/Menus

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 18 years ago by Thomas Goff
Is it possible to place a custom control on a toolbar or menu? Specifically, I would like to have a slider control on a toolbar or a tear-off menu.

Thanks
Tom

Comments (4)

Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, our TextBox and ComboBox implementations use those particular controls on each link. It's a bit tricky to do because you have to ensure that all control instances on the links are synced up with the command. But anyhow if you'd like some sample code, send us an email and we can send you an implementation that you can use as a base to modify and make your own.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 18 years ago by Thomas Goff
I'm assuming that a new "slider" would be created for each command link. So that multiple links can be created. Is this a correct assumption?

I'm currently evaluating the UIStudio as a possible replacement for Infragistics toolbars. I like the ability to save/load differential changes to toolbars. Infra only allows all or nothing, which makes me wipe out the user's customizations when upgrading. Also, the key chords are nice and the merging would solve another problem I'm having.

Thanks
Tom
Posted 18 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tom,

Yes that's exactly right. Each link needs its own "slider" control instantiated. Then you have to keep their values all in sync with the core command.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Miriam Kuruvilla
Hi,

I need to do something similar to this as well. I want to have dockable toolbar with a grid control on it.

I would like to see a sample snippet as well. It sounds like many people would like to know how this can be done - have you posted the code snippet anywhere?

Thanks.
Miriam
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.