Tooltips in High Contrast Mode

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by liggett78
Hi, I noticed that tooltip content (I'm using dockable toolbars with UIRendererManager) is not visible in high contrast mode (default - black background). This happens regardless of the color scheme (VS2005, WinClassic etc.).
Could you please fix it for the next release or provide info on what renderer property to override? Thank you.

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Joerg,

We actually don't draw that ourselves at all, it's using the built-in WinForms ToolTip control with default settings. I've noticed that that control will use the SystemColor.Info as the background when it is created. So if you started off in a normal theme and then switched to a high contrast theme, you'd probably need to restart your application to have it pick up the changes so that the tooltip is colored correctly.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by liggett78
Thanks, I just verified it with a simple WinForms project, the standard tooltip is not visible. BTW, is there a way to override tooltips for say, toolbar buttons, and show a custom one, e.g. super-tooltip etc.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately not, it's just using the standard Tooltip right now.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.