Prism Integration with docking

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by keshav bansal
Version: 11.2.0553

Hi,

How to register the usercontrols inside the main shell with the help of the PrismIntegration.Some of these usercontrols can be simple controls that are fixed and some of these usercontrols will be registered as the toolwindow so that we can dock the one toolwindow inside the other tool window.

ForExample : I have four usercontrols (Usercontrol1,Usercntrol2,Usercontrol3,Usercntrol4) and i wants to display all these usercontrols vertically one above the other in the main shell and the Usercontrol1 should be the registered as the toolwindow and Usercontrol2 should be the fixed control that shoul be  registerd in the ContentControl and Usercontrol3 should be registed as the toolwindow and the Usercontrol4 should be fixed  and that should bee registered inside the ContentControl.

And also I should be able to dock the UserControl1(Act as the toolwindow) inside the Usercontrol3(Act as the tool window.) and the Usercontrol2 and theUsercontrol4 should be fixed.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Keshav,

We do not support mixing in controls, such as ContentControl, into the DockSite heirarchies. If you want to stack your 4 controls, then they would each need to be hosted by a ToolWindow.

If "fixed" means that you can't drag the tool window area then see the Fixed Tool Window QuickStart. That has an example of a ToolWindow, that cannot be moved. If "fixed" means you cannot size it, then as we have mentioned that is not supported.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.