Using resource dictionary from blend

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 12 years ago by bruce
Version: 11.1.0545

Hi.

I'm styling wpf core controls with actipro theme resource keys with blend and the theme browser.

I want to use resource keys in blend directly, instead of copying each key in the theme browser.

When I need to set a brush key for certain visual states, I have to copy the key from the theme browser and paste it in the xaml editor in blend which is not very easy to find the exact location.

What I want to see is the list of actipro brush keys in the blend's properties window.

I'm not sure whether it is possible or not. 

However, what I'm doing now is not very efficient.

Hopefully there is better way to do this stuff.

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Bruce,

In WPF Studio 2011.2 we revamped our theming system and also included theming for native WPF controls. Our revamp included consolidating our brush assests across our products, which are also leveraged by our native WPF control styles. So for example, a single brush determines the border of any "list" controls, such as ListBox, ListView, TreeView, our PropertyGrid, etc.

It would probably better if you upgraded to that version, as we have already done of the work of mapping brushes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.