Problem with focus between ToolWindow and main Window

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 12 years ago by 7Alpha7
Version: 12.1.0300
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)

Hello,

in a MDI tab environment, if one have a floating ToolWindow with the focus, it is not possible to click a ToolStrip on the main form to be able to raise the corresponding operation in only one click. This is very annoying. We are obligated to click once in the main form to se it the focus, and then to click a tool strip. The menu strip has the same behaviour.

It's frustrating because one can see the menu strip or the tool strip of the main form responding to the mouse over event because its backcolor changes, as if it was possible to click it immediately to drop it down. But it's not. One are obligated to click twice.

Thanks to remediate to this.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 12 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We don't have any control over how ToolStrip or MenuStrip are implemented so unfortunately this isn't anything we can change for you.  In our Dock sample we use a normal ToolBar and I don't see the behavior your describe there.  Also when our Bars product is used as in the Bars sample, we don't see it there either. 

But again, if ToolStrip has a problem with focus when clicking while another Form has focus, you'd need to contact Microsoft on that.  Floating tool windows are simply controls placed in a secondary Form.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by 7Alpha7

I've checked your sample and it's true there is not the behaviour I describe. In my case I have custom ToolStrip and MenuStrip derived from Microsoft's but I've not modified such low level behaviour. I will check further and will let you know about it.

Thank you.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.