Best Windows Store APP, just needs spell checking!

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 11 years ago by Wayne Wise

I love the application I just would also like to have it have spell checking.  I have made it my default text editor I don't know I went without it all these years!

Comments (2)

Posted 11 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for writing, we're happy you like the app.  While regular TextBox controls have spell check built into Windows 8, unfortunately Microsoft doesn't expose the spell check API to us as C# custom control developers.  We are waiting to see if that does get opened up in the future, and if it does, then we can possibly add spell check into the app.  Or perhaps we will add a custom spell checking component of our own in the future.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Walt Johnson

Nice job, Actipro, on making a quality app! 

Bump on the spell checker.  It's a great app.  I run Visual Studio with Visual Assist which gives me spell checking.  This is especially important for mark down documentation that is going public online.  If Code Writer only had a spell checker and drag and drop to open files, I would use it instead of MS Visual Studio for much of my generic code editing.  

Keep up the good work!

[Modified 6 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.