How to "open with" a file from desktop with this app

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Shawn Keene
Version: 2.1.12

I am using WinSCP to edit some files on a website over SFTP (CSS, JS, HTML). When I open a file using WinSCP, it lets me choose which program is used to edit the file. I want CodeWriter to be that file. How do I do that?

Basically, what is the path to the codewriter.exe executable?

Comments (2)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Shawn,

Code Writer is a Windows Store app so there isn't really an .exe path for it, at least one that you can get at.  The Windows Explorer "Open With" gives you the option to choose Code Writer as a default program for various file types.  Myabe you could make use of that somehow.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Shawn Keene

Thanks.  I thought I had it on my old computer but I can't seem to remember how the heck I did it.  Maybe I really did set all HTML files to just open with it by default since WinSPC will use the default associated application on its own.

I did a lot of looking through the registry to see if I could find the association details but these Windows Store apps apparently are vastly different in that regard.

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.