First of all, I want to say that I really like the Code Writer App. It's a really nice editor with a clean, unintrusive UI and useful (but seemless features) like document formatting, language validation, etc -- so overall, great job!
One minor problem I have however is...
- I am using Code Writer to modify the VS Code settings.json file
- Microsoft's settings.json file allows (and really requires in some places) comments
- Microsoft incude comments themselves in the file
- However, the Code Writer language validator struggles to parse this file (and similar ones) - warning that it is essentially broken and unparsable
Idea / Request...
- Is it possible please to adjust the JSON parsing rules (possibly allowing a second option, and/or a settings toggle to "allow comments" on/off to allow comments if they are present (and essentially ignore these, parse the file as if they weren't present)
- Alternate thoughts - I see Code Writer supports .json and .jsonc files -- In my case I need to keep the file as .json (as otherwise VS Code wouldn't find it), but is there an option to tag the file as if it were .jsonc(?)
PS - I know about the large debate about comments but don't want to go into that here! 🙂