Hide minimize button of ribbon tabs

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 21.1.3

Hi,

is there a way to hide the minimize button in the ribbon (ctrl + F1), without disabling the entire function?

Our problem with the current style is that the button becomes invisible when the ribbon is minimized. Yes Microsoft does the same, but we want to show the toggle button in the TabPanelItems instead. We can add the ToggleMinimizationButton, but I found no wa to hide the default toggle-button.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

I'm sorry but the Visibility of the button is bound to Ribbon.IsMinimizable.  There isn't a way to hide it unless you retemplate the Ribbon control.

I believe Office used to also have another popup button in the window title bar that would let you switch between tab modes, although I don't see it now.  Adding something like that would be another option.  You could get the WindowChrome instance used by RibbonWindow (don't add your own WindowChrome instance to a RibbonWindow) and inject UI into the right portion of the title bar.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Okay. I will tell our product management. Since Microsoft Office behaves the sames way, I don't think this will be a major issue. I just thought I ask, because maybe I have missed something. Thanks.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.