TreeListView column mode is stuck

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by jun.Yang
Version: 22.1.2
Platform: .NET 6.0
Environment: Windows 11 (64-bit)

After the data is loaded in the column mode of the Treelistview control, after the operation menu or the right-click menu of other controls is the same, scrolling the TreelistView item is particularly stuck, about 4000 items of data.

Comments (7)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Without seeing it happen, it's difficult to understand what you are describing.  Do you mean that as you scroll vertically, the items stop updating and the data on items visually remains the same?  In some certain cases, we have seen bindings not refresh properly when scrolling, and it seemed to be due to something with the ItemsControl's handling of the Recycling virtualization mode we have set by default.  This Troubleshooting topic describes that particular issue and gives an option to try.  Perhaps try that and see if it helps?

If not, are you able to reproduce this in a new simple sample project that you could submit to us in our ticket system?  If so, please reference this thread, tell us how to make it occur in the project, and be sure to exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Hello,

The following is a sample case and a video of the operation steps. 

project url: https://github.com/Jun-GY/jekyll_demo/blob/main/20220811_TreeListView.zip

video url:https://github.com/Jun-GY/jekyll_demo/blob/main/Video_2022-08-12_091902.wmv

Hello,

Thank you for the sample.  The performance issue seems to be caused by the UIA peer updates we made to the controls in v22.1.2.  We are going to revert those back for v22.1.3.  Please write our support address and mention this thread if you'd like to test a preview build with the code updates.

Actipro Software Support

When is the v22.1.3 version planned to be released, at present this problem has a great impact on our products, I hope you can provide us with an effective solution based on the v22.1.2 version as quickly as possible

[Modified 2 years ago]

We hope to get v22.1.3 out soon, but would appreciate it if you could test a preview build.  Internal code changes were required, so this issue cannot be worked around in v22.1.2.  You need either v22.1.1 or v22.1.3.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC

Some of my customers are experiencing this issue and I can also replicate it.  From what I've seen it get worse the more you scroll to the point where scrolling perforance is significantly degraded.  If you still need someone to test the fix, I am willing.

Hi Rick,

Please email our support address and we'll send you a preview build to test with.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.