Navigation questions

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by michael foster
Version: 2.0.0326
Hello, I am considering purchasing the Actipro WPF wizard. it looks like a great control. I have a few questions to see if this can handle some of my requirements.

I have a page in my wizard that might appear multiple times. For example, on page one of the wizard i might be presented with a list of files. The user can select multiple files to operate on. Then, when he hits the next button, he will be presented with a page to edit the properties of the first selected file. If he hits next again, the same property editing page will be displayed, but it will be used to edit the properties of the second file. Is this supported?

Secondly, it is often common for a wizard to show you a side bar containing all of the steps of a wizard. Each step is a hyperlink and the user can click a link to go back to a specific page. Do you support this side-bar navigation style, or do you have to implement a custom template for this functionality.

thanks in advance,
michael

Comments (7)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

Thanks for evaluating Wizard. Let me answer your questions...

1) Wizard does support multiple ways to set the paths of pages. So yes you can "loop" through a page multiple times. In your case you may wish to handle the SelectionChanging property, cancel it and set the selected page to itself again but populate it with the new data.

2) Yes Wizard is based on the WPF fundamentals of styles and templates so if you restyle the Wizard control, it is very easy to add that sort of thing in. If you'd like, email us and we can send you the default style so you can customize that to add a panel with the links to each page. You can use the go to page wizard command for your links to make it really easy. Perhaps we can eventually add a quickstart for this too.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 16 years ago by Gursharan Singh
Hi,

I am evaluating the wizard control and had the same question around haveing a panel with links for each page. Can you share a quickstart or share the defualt style to prototype this?

Thx,
Gursharan
Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
We don't have a sample of it here, but if you or anyone else wants to point us to a screenshot of what you'd like a QuickStart to look like, we can try adding a QuickStart in the near future that shows it.

I can post the Wizard's default template for you here. Just add a panel on the left side of the WizardPagePresenter and on that panel, include your links to each page.

<ControlTemplate TargetType="{x:Type wizard:Wizard}">
    <Grid Background="{TemplateBinding Background}">
        <Grid.RowDefinitions>
            <RowDefinition Height="*" />
            <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
        </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<wizard:WizardPagePresenter x:Name="PART_TransitionPresenter" 
            DefaultDirection="{TemplateBinding TransitionDefaultDirection}" 
            TransitionSelector="{TemplateBinding TransitionSelector}" />

<wizard:WizardButtonContainer x:Name="PART_ButtonContainer" Grid.Row="1" />
    </Grid>
</ControlTemplate>

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andrew
Can you please post it for AeroWizard too?

That one will exclude the aero title bar (back button, icon, and wizard title)...
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andrew,

It's the same template as above except there is an AeroWizardTitleBar control above that Grid.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Andrew Weaver
I had thought I'd tried this earlier. But can you also please advise what the proper "part" name should be (if required)? Assume something like "PART_TitleBar" or similar.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andrew,

There is no x:Name on the titlebar so there is no part name for it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.