slow start problem with Actipro Wizard app

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by andy
Hello,

My Actipro Wizard app takes a long time (more than 3 seconds or so) to start. I know I am going to hear complaints about this.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andy,

I doubt it's Wizard or anything we're doing, as it starts very fast when we test it here. You should probably get a performance profiler such as dotTrace to see what is taking a long time. Or it could just be assemblies doing their initial loading that is taking a while, if you are loading a lot of large ones.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Another note is that if you used code-signed assemblies (we do offer those and you may have referenced them) on a machine that doesn't have Internet access, there is a Microsoft issue in .NET where it could lag your application startup by 20-30 seconds for each code-signed assembly. I imagine it would also lag a much smaller amount even if you do have Internet access but a slow connection. Switching to non-code-signed assemblies (we include them in our main install folder) would fix the issues though.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.