High Contrast Theme

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 4.0.0457
Running on Vista.

I was interested in seeing what the High Contrast theme looked like so I modified the MainControl.xaml.cs file in the Document Editor sample so that the Silver button invoked high-contrast instead. The code went from this:

ThemeManager.SetTheme(container, CommonThemeName.Office2007Silver.ToString());
to this:

ThemeManager.SetTheme(container, CommonThemeName.HighContrast.ToString());
The result was that the background of the Ribbon was a light grey and the ribbon tabs were white text on a light grey background. Wouldn't the backgrounds of the buttons become black? Is this the expected color palette for the Ribbon?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lori,

I just did some testing with v4.5 (which I believe is the same as v4.0 in this regard) and HighContrast uses system colors for display since there are variations of high-contrast such as black (which is what you are thinking of) or white or several others. By basing our HighContrast theme on system colors, it can accommodate whichever high-contrast system theme is in use. To sum up, our HighContrast theme should only be activated in when a system high-contrast mode theme is in use. In that case, it will look good.

Also as a side note, setting the theme on a specific control is really more for demo purposes. For real applications, set the ThemeManager.CurrentTheme property to affect the entire application.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.