Images & Text Disappearing in BreadCrumb items

Navigation for WPF Forum

Posted 16 years ago by vinodh
Version: 4.5.0477
Iam using ActiproSoftware Navigation suite. Version: WPF Studio v4.5.0477.

Iam encountering a strange problem in BreadCrumb control.

I have the child bread crumb items with images.
Most of the child items have same images.

While clicking the root item, only the top most child item's image is displayed. For
all other items only the header text is displayed, images are left blank.

I have attached a sample project to reproduce the above problem.
[ActiproBreadCrumb.zip]

Also some times even the header text of the child items also disappears. [Frequently]

I have attached the screen shot "BreadCrumbError.JPG", in which the selected child item
named "Return" and other sibling's headers and images are not visbile.

Regards

Vinodh

Comments (1)

Posted 16 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That's definitely a strange issue, but I believe at least the image part has to do with something in the WPF code. If you change this line:
secondLevelChildItem.ImageSource = new BitmapImage(
    new Uri("pack://application:,,,/ActiproBreadCrumb;component/Images/folder_16.png"));
to either this:
secondLevelChildItem.ImageSource = new BitmapImage(
    new Uri("pack://application:,,,/ActiproBreadCrumb;component/Images/folder_16.png")).GetAsFrozen() as BitmapImage;
or this:
secondLevelChildItem.ImageSource = BitmapFrame.Create(
    new Uri("pack://application:,,,/ActiproBreadCrumb;component/Images/folder_16.png"));
then it works fine.

I don't see any issue with the text showing up, but I do see it in your screenshot. Is the BreadcrumbItem.Header being set to a string in that application? If it is set to something else (like a TextBlock with the appropriate text), then I could see there being an issue. Because the TextBlock can only be shown in one part of the application. Are you seeing this issue in the project you provided also?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.